Happy Saturday Y’all! Mother’s Day is coming up on May 13, and since all moms like getting flowers, I thought this sweet Flower Pincushion by one of my favorite designers, Anne Stocks, would make a great Mother’s Day gift! It’s really quick and easy to make…
• embroidery floss (to match fabric)
• green felt
• green embroidery floss
• sewing needle
(All measurements are approximate depending on the diameter of your cording and the size you’d like your pincushion to be.)
1. Cut a 2ft. length of cording.
2. Tear a 1in. x 4ft. length of fabric.
3. Tightly wrap cording with fabric strip.
4. Coil the wrapped cording into a flower shape and use 6 strands of matching floss to tack in place.
5. Draw a pattern for leaf and use it to cut two leaves from green felt.
6. Use 6 strands of green floss to stitch around the edge of each leaf and to add veins in the leaves.
7. Tack leaves to bottom of pincushion.
Hope you enjoy this free pattern! What’s the best Mother’s Day present you either gave or received? Please share the inspiration!