Everyone here at the Leisure Arts office loves to know what you're working on! It makes our day to see all the great photos you share with us on social media. We enjoy them so much, we're dedicating this blog post to some of our favorites!
Wool You Look At This Adorbs Sweater
Don't you just want to hug this little hand-knitted cardigan shared by Dilek Karadağ on Pinterest? We love when people take our patterns and make them their own! You can make this for yourself with Adorable Baby Cardigans.
Perfectly Pastel Pillow
We just want to sit back and sink into the welcoming comfort of this pastel pillow. Thanks, Teresa Hudson, for sharing your colorfully gorgeous results! Fashion your own cushy cozy pillow using Crochet for the Home.
Cozy Homes Craft Shop posted this delightful baby crocheted sweater on Facebook. She made one for her firstborn, 18 years ago, and has made it a number of times since then. "It’s such a pretty, classic pattern. This is the first time that I made it in fingering weight. I held 2 strands together of Loops & Threads Woolike Simili-Laine. I love how it turned out, so soft and delicate."
We love how it turned out too!
A Potholder To Prickle Your Fancy
Suzanne Liedloff did a super job on this crochet cactus potholder. We're so glad she shared it with us on Pinterest! Not only will this cactus protect your table and countertop, it adds a whimsical touch to any décor.
Red, White, And Blue
Just in time for the upcoming July 4th holiday, we're showing off these majestic flag afghans, shared by (from top to bottom) Lisa Park, Stefani Lynn, and Pamela Brazier Seymour. Great job—we salute you!
Adrienne Szoke posted this adorable photo of her cat, "I'd get a lot more done if he would stay off of my project." 😹 We're betting many of you out there can relate!
The designers and staff here at Leisure Arts cherish the idea that the patterns and products we work on every day help you express your creativity, exercise your talents, and create items you or a loved one will hold dear for years or even generations. Thank you for sharing your magnificent work!
Now it's time for the rest of you to show us what you're creating! Be sure to post your pics on social media and tag us @leisureartsinc or use #leisurearts, so we can all enjoy your creative treasures!
April is Stress Awareness Month, and it couldn’t have come at a more fitting time! If you are looking for ways to relax and bring those stress levels down, crafting could be your answer. Stepping back and taking these little moments in life to crochet, knit, paint, or do anything creative, does more good for your body than you may realize. When you are crafting, you are taking charge and focusing on your mental and physical health, which is critical in times like these. So craft away your stress with any creative project—here are just a few ideas to help inspire you!
Jump on the Diamond Art Bandwagon
If you enjoy crafting AND puzzles, it’s time to jump on the Diamond Art bandwagon. Our Rainy Day Diamond Art by Leisure Arts, powered by Diamond Dotz kit has what you need for a stress-free creative activity. The color-coded chart makes it easy for you to complete this abstract modern surrealist beauty, along with the pre-printed adhesive. With high-quality color printed fabric, 13-faceted diamonds, and handy tools like the comfort grip stylus and wax caddy, you’ll be dipping, dotting, and dazzling your way to a colorful masterpiece!
An Apron a Day Keeps the Stress Away
Sooooooo, you want to relax and be productive at the same time? (See what we did there?) Sew your way to calm with functional and adorable Simple to Sew Aprons. Whether you’re into gardening, chicken-raising, crafting, harvesting, or cooking and baking, we’ve got an apron pattern for you. You can never have too many aprons, right? Designer Billie Steward takes you step by step with instructions that will have you sewing these 13 quick projects and calming your nerves before you know it. With styles from bandanna to eggs to summer picnic or retro, these aprons also make amazing gifts.
Wrap Yourself in Hand-Knitted Warmth
Wrap yourself in hand-knitted warmth and comfort with theseKnit Cardigans by designer Andi Javori! Choose from 12 gorgeous cardigans, or heck, why not all of them? The hard part will be choosing which to knit first. Most of these aprons are rated Easy, with a couple of Intermediate ones sprinkled in just to keep you on your toes. Grab your knitting needles and make yourself a new sweater today! Each is destined to become a favorite.
Double the Creativity, Double the Fun
You and your kids can double your creativity with Play Mats from Leisure Arts—make your own interactive felt scenes, and then enjoy using them to make up your own fun stories. Seven different sets are all easy to cut and assemble with glue and simple stitching. Designs by Kimberly Layton include a castle complete with princess and unicorn, life under the sea, a sweet cupcake shop, a campsite, a farm, a cottage in the woods, and a neighborhood. Arrange the colorful pieces in endless ways and mix with other toys to expand the settings and characters.
Let Marvin Mega Boy Come to Your Rescue
Let Marvin Mega Boy save you from your worries! This Mini Maker Yarn Crafts kit is a bite-sized craft experience that will leave you with a cherished and cuddly super hero. The kit has everything you’ll need to create your own adorable 8.5” Marvin Mega Boy amigurumi, including easy-to-follow instructions, yarn, crochet hook and yarn needle. This little guy packs a big punch when it comes to bringing you joy. PS. He also makes a great companion for napping and watching TV.
Color Your Life with Paper Flowers
Not only are Paper Flowers easier to create than you’d expect, they bring out your creativity and wash away stress. With each turning page of this book, designer Jennifer Maker inspires you to create fabulous florals full of texture and color. And you’ll craft it all using tissue paper, cardstock, floral tape, and other readily available craft materials. You’ll uncover 10 projects in all that include a daisy, dandelion, orchid, and rose — one is sure to be your favorite. The best part — you’ll soon be diving into your very own blossoming projects. We’re sure of it.
Be Homebound in Comfort With This Cozy Quilt
Picture this: Lounging on your couch binge-watching your latest show, covered in a cozy blanket you quilted yourself! Our Homebound: Quilt with Leisure Arts pattern pack has a classic look, but never goes out of style. By adding a twist here or a fabric substitution there, you can go modern or traditional, or both! The finished lap quilt measures 49' x 65' with optional crib, twin, full, and king/queen sizes. The possibilities are endless-ish! And that makes us (and you!) very content.
A Bike Ride That Will Soothe Your Soul
Any Cycologist will tell you that this Bicycle Ride is good for your soul. You’ll have the sudden urge to jump on your own bike, gather flowers, and frolic your heart out, but not until you finish this charming embroidery project. If you find this Bicycle Ride embroidery project as charming as we do, then might we mention that your kit will contain everything you’ll need to embroider it into existence? Plus, the pattern itself is pre-printed on the enclosed fabric, so it’s ideal for beginners and experts alike. Yields one hoop of bicycle bliss. So go ahead – frolic away!
Yes, We Do Believe in Unicorns
Do you believes in unicorns? We do! Let this Unicorn Dreamcatcher protect you from your worries. The kit has everything you need to craft yourself to relaxation and create this unique dreamcatcher. But wait, there’s more! A bonus 32-page project book comes with your kit so you can create more great projects. You’ll be creating an organizer, doily dreamcatcher, ribbon chandelier, wreaths and more! Using the easy to follow instructions that come with our Mini Maker kits, you can easily bring creativity into your everyday life.
Pamper Yourself With Cotton
Pamper yourself and your family with the soft cotton creations featured in All About Cotton. This book guides you easily through 10 projects like making baskets, bottle carrier, tote, plant hanger, bath set, coasters, dishcloth and hanging dishtowel, potholder, napkin ring, and a rug. You’ll use soft and cool, yet sturdy and durable, cotton medium-weight yarn, perfect for quick crochet projects. Not only will you relieve stress by crocheting, you will be beautifying your home as well!
Choose one, two, three of these projects to bring some calm into your days, and come out of it with memories and cherished items. All of these projects are easy to accomplish and are perfect for you to do by yourself or include your children or other family members. Once you finish one or many of these stress relieving projects, be sure to share it with us @leisureartsinc or using the hashtag #LeisureArts on your social channels. We love to see what's going on in the craft universe. In addition, most of the items we’ve written about in this blog post are included in our April Giveaway on our website. Enter to win all of these great projects and craft your way to calm.
Northern Lights Crochet- 10 Projects Inspired by Iceland's Beauty is a perfect way to integrate Naval Blue into your wardrobe. The moss-covered hillsides and rocky beaches bring the best of nature together, while the combination of stylish patterns and cozy LION BRAND® yarns bring classic and trendy together in your closet. Each project draws upon the beauty and style of Iceland, further amplifying the calming influence of nature in your life. The 10 designs range from Alida cowl and Vasti shawl to Viveca top and Carina cardigan. There's something inside for beginners and veterans alike, so it's never been easier to go Naval!
One of the easiest ways to spruce up your home and inject new colors and styles is with blankets and throws. Cotton Throws & Beach Blanketsis a fantastic collection of six styles that are easy to crochet using cotton yarn. Perfect for indoors and out, these styles keep you cozy all year round while staying breezy and beautiful. Designs include Sailing, Slanted Stripes, Striped, and more that can be customized with any color of your choosing, making this an easy way to add a little Naval to your home. This great title is also available as a digital download.
We're back at it again with the Icelandic influences in our knit patterns! The patterns inNorthern Lights Knits- 8 Icelandic Inspired Projects allow you to literally wrap yourself in natural beauty. Take inspiration from the depths of the Blue Lagoon to the soaring colors of the Northern Lights with seven easy and one intermediate project. LION BRAND® yarn and your choice of colors allow you to flawlessly add trendiness and nature to your wardrobe or the closet of a loved one. Projects like the Gerda pullover, Huldra hat, Joost pants, and Petrine cardigan all appeal to different styles and aesthetics, and add a Northern chic look to any outfit.
You can have your cake and wear it too. With Knit Cakery- 10 Fun Projects Using Yarn Cakes, you'll find 10 easy-to-knit projects that are as fun as they are stylish. Many of the designs already incorporate a Naval-hued blue, but the best part about yarn crafts is the customization. Make it ombre, create your own color palette, or go with the instructions for guaranteed beauty. The shawls, hats, scarves, throws, and cardigans combine fabulousness and functionality to blend your existing style with this Color of the Year.
If you were a cake, jewelry would be your frosting. Frost yourself in Naval Blue necklaces, bracelets, and earrings! Quick & Simple Jewelry Beading for Beginners is an easy way to lay the foundation of knowledge you need for making your own jewelry, while offering a simple way to fuse your style with the latest trends. This book is available in paperback or as a digital download, so you can take all 14 projects with you wherever you go! Create the All in Blue necklace for your mom, Western Sparkle bracelet for your best friend, the Bollywood earrings for yourself, or one of the other designs for someone in your life who deserve a little frosting. Some projects even include tips and tricks for making additional pieces.
What better way to get in touch with nature than with using wood? Pyrography is an exciting and easy way to create beautiful pieces that bring the outdoors into your home. Modern Woodburning- 9 Skill-Building Projects for Learning Pyrography is an essential guide for anyone who wants to learn a new skill or add a rustic touch to their home decor. Nine projects give you ample opportunity to put the principles of the craft to work. Projects like pineapple cutting board, family name sign, succulent coasters, and mountains on a wood cut will seamlessly blend with your existing decor, while adding a grounding feeling to your home. The book also includes 2 alphabets for optimal personalization. Choose between paperback and digital format for the most convenient lesson in woodburning you'll ever get.
Bundle your bundle of joy in this sweet quilt. All Aboard - Baby Quilt Pattern Pack is all the guidance you need to wrap your tot in warm textures and trendy colors. Take Naval Blue back to the sea as you jump aboard this easy, fat-quarter friendly quilt project. Step-by-step instructions, complete materials list, and gorgeous photographs take all the guesswork out of quilting. You'll be comfortable and confident knowing they feel the warmth of your love surrounding them.
Remember the past with a project to last through future generations. Easy Timeless Quilts uses beautiful fabrics and patterns to add warmth to your home in a timeless way. You need only select the color palette, and might we suggest something in Naval Blue? Designs like Triple Irish Chain quilt, Wild Goose Chase quilt, and Sawtooth quilt blend with your current home aesthetic without dating it. Even beginners will find the instructions and assembly diagrams easy to follow, so everyone can add a nostalgic touch to their home, or gift a loved one with a treasured heirloom that was made with love.
Bring back the Roaring Twenties to your style when you sew these 9 Beat the Chill Scarves! Create them infusing the Color of the Year Naval to inspire empowerment and grounding confidence. Break the winter cold with their warmth and coziness all while evoking the elegance and class of an iconic decade. Choose from the variety of easy to follow patterns including scarves, cowls, and neck warmers. From the Buttonhole Scarf to the Zippered Cowl to the Fringed Infinity Scarf - your creativity will know no bounds! You can never add enough scarves to your wardrobe and the style choices of these winter warmers are endless.
Express your unique style while keeping your clothes clean with these 13 Simple to Sew Aprons by designer Billie Steward! Whether you garden, cook, bake, craft, or harvest there is always room for both stylish and functional aprons in your closet. Choose from patterns like Retro Bib Apron to give your look a nod from the past, Summer Picnic Apron to inspire warmth and light in your favorite activities, or Bandanna Apron to add a country flare to your crafting experience. There is an apron for every style which can turn these variety of patterns into thoughtful gifts as well!
Naval was chosen by Sherwin-Williams as the 2020 Color of the Year because of its calming, quieting, and grounding qualities. Now go out there and create your own spin on these fun and playful projects that we have highlighted here! We always love to see how creative you all are, so be sure to tag us @leisureartsinc or use #leisurearts!
This year, use your knitting skills to create the perfect gifts for the women in your life. It's much more personal and memorable than buying a gift, and she will love these cozy, creative knits! Whether she is interested in technology or fashion, you'll find the perfect gift to knit her.
1. A Trendy Knit Cardigan: Cardigans are everywhere this season - they flatter every woman and are super cozy. Make her a special one to wear this season. Use a neutral color of yarn so that it will go perfect with any outfit. She will be in love! Knit this great gift from Super Cute Super Quick.
2. A Unique Tablet Cover: If the woman on your list has a tablet or eReader, then she will love this unique knit case! It's unlike anything that can be bought in stores, and the soft yarn is sure to keep her tech free from scratches. Challenge yourself to make this great gift and learn a new skill with I Can't Believe I'm Entrelac Knitting.
3. A Classy Cabled Afghan: Any woman would love to receive this gorgeous knit afghan. The perfect accent for her living room, this afghan makes neutrals colors pop and adds a sense of cozy luxury to any home. Knit this great gift now with Classic Afghans.
4. A Relaxing Spa Set: For a thoughtful gift of relaxation, knit a spa set for the woman on your list. Create a knit adult-size bath mitt, drawstring soap sack, headband, and facecloth to help her relax. She will be excited to put the set to use! Get the patterns for this great knit gift in Spa & Bath Sets To Knit.
5. A Beautiful Beaded Bracelet: For Use your knitting skills, embroidery floss, and beads to create a unique jewelry for the woman on your list. She will love the delicate beading and details you put into it! Give a gift of sparkle and color with Beaded Bracelets To Knit.
6. A Casual Knit Bag: Knit this cute textured tote for the woman on your list. She will love its ease and simplicity - perfect for so many occasions. It's large enough to hold everything she needs, but not too large for carrying around the mall. Knit this great gift for women now with Oh-So-Easy Knits.
7. A Cute Coffee Cup Cozy: Whether she's addicted to coffee or prefers tea, the woman on your list will love this textured knit cup cozy. A great stocking stuffer or small gift that will keep her hands protected and look cute too! Knit it now with Beginner-Friendly Knitting.
8. An Adorable Dishcloth Dress: Add some fun to her kitchen counter! She will love to dress her dish detergent bottle in one of these whimsical knit cover-ups that doubles as a dishcloth. A small gift she will never forget, plus it's quick and easy to make! Knit the one you think will match her style with Dishcloth Dresses.
Use your crochet skills to make unforgettable gifts this season. The women on list will love getting a unique, handmade gift and appreciate all the time and effort you put into making it. Find the perfect gift idea today.
1. This Beautiful Starlight Afghan: Crochet the woman on your list our most popular afghan! She will love the whimsical peppermint pattern, and anticipate putting it on display every year during the holiday season! Get everything you need to start on this gift for the woman on your list with the Starlight Afghan Kit.
2. A Colorful Crochet Tote: Crochet a fun, fashionable bag for the woman on your list. She will love the bright colors and unique yarn look and the fact that it's big enough to fit all the essentials! Perfect for any occasion. Crochet this bag with Terrific Totes.
3. A Unique Handcrafted Necklace: Combine your crochet skills with beads and nylon cord to make unique jewelry pieces. The woman on your list will love this necklace! The neutral colors make it perfect to wear with almost anything! Learn how to make this great gift with Beaded Beauties To Crochet.
4. A Cute Tablet Cover: Whether the woman on your list loves to browse the internet on her tablet or curl up with an eReader, she will love this crochet tablet cover! The braided design is unlike anything she will have seen in stores. Cute, and it will keep her device safe! Start this great gift now with Bags & Backpacks.
5. A Warm, Colorful Scarf: Create the perfect gift for her while mastering the art of crocheting symmetrical scarves. The result will be a unique, cozy scarf that she will love to wear season after season! Get started on this crochet gift for women today with Mirror Image Scarves.
6. A Crochet Bath Set: Treat her to relaxation with this unique gift idea! First, crochet these cute baskets - she will love to use them as storage and decor in her bathroom! Next, fill them with fun soaps, bubble baths, or lotions to help her relax. She will love this thoughtful gift! Create these baskets now with the Big Book of Crochet.
7. A Fashionable, Cozy Cardigan: Flattering on any body type, this cardigan makes the perfect gift! Use crocodile stitches to make this unique piece that the fashionable woman on your list is sure to love. Start on this great gift idea for women now with the Crocodile Stitch Cardigan ePattern.
8. A Set Of Floral Scrubbies: These scrubbies are quick to crochet, and make great stocking stuffers or small gifts! Create this fun floral set for the woman on your list - great for a relaxing bath or for use in the kitchen. Crochet these scrubbies now with So-Cute Scrubbies. 9. A Fun Cup Cozy: This cute cozy makes a great gift to warm hearts and safeguard fingers from hot cups. The woman on your list will love accenting her cup with this cute piece each day. Crochet cute cup sleeves for the women in your life now with Cup Cozies.
10. A Floral Coin Purse: Help the woman on your list organize her purse with this cute change holder. It's the perfect small gift or stocking stuffer - Quick, easy, and practical. Crochet this cute coin purse now with Totes & Bags.
Teenage girls can be hard to shop for, but they will love these handmade crochet gifts. Whether you're shopping for Christmas, Hanukkah, or birthdays, you'll find a gift any teenager will love. Crochet your favorite teenaged girl a gift from this list and you're sure to see a big smile on her face!
1. A Slouchy, Warm Hat: Crochet the teenage girl in your life something both warm and trendy! Whether she likes to kick up her heels or escape into her daydreams, a slouchy beanie will be a great gift. With cute details ranging from button flaps to cables and chevrons, you'll find the perfect crochet gift for her in Urban Slouch Hats.
2. An Adorable Tablet or Laptop Cover: Teenage girls will love the cute cabled look of this crochet tablet cover, and the soft yarn will protect her tech! Create the perfect crochet gift for Christmas with Crochet Bags & Backpacks!
3. A Cozy Crochet Cardigan: Fashion-conscious teenagers are always searching for the perfect pieces. She will love to get a nice, thick cardigan to keep her warm on the coldest days this winter. Crochet a Christmas gift she will love this season with Crochet It. Love It. Wear It!
4. Fingerless Gloves: Fingerless gloves are the perfect gift for a teenage girl - they allow her to text and use her hands while cozy yarn and stitches keeps her hands warm. Plus, they're cute! Crochet her a pair in her favorite colors with the easy designs in Family Favorites.
5. A Bulky Scarf with a Pop of Color: Teenage girls will love to wear this bulky scarf all season long. It's neutral, but the colors are eye-catching and fun! Plus, it's easy to make! The stunning gradient of color is created using self-striping colors in the Landscapes Lion Brand Yarn. Get started now with Stripe Savvy.
6. A Cute Afghan for Cuddling up with Netflix: Any teenage girl's face will light up when she opens this present. Crochet this afghan in bright, eye catching colors for a fun, modern look. It's perfect size to curl up with on the couch. Get the easy pattern now in Easy Afghans.
7. An Oversized Tunic: This oversized crochet sweater will be perfect to pair with leggings and boots. Any teenage girl would be delighted to wear it out and show it to all her friends. Create this great crochet gift in time for Christmas with Relaxed Fashion.
8. A Crochet Crossbody Bag: Crossbody bags are a perfect small size for carrying all the essentials a teenage girl needs - a cell phone, keys, wallet, & makeup. Plus, she will love having her arms free! Choose yarn in her favorite color and embellish with cute buttons, as shown in Easy Essential Bags.
9. A Chevron Cup Cozy: These cute cozies make great gifts to warm hearts and safeguard fingers from hot cups. Great as a small gift or stocking stuffer, she will love using these around the house or at school! This holiday season, crochet her Cup Cozies.
10. A Hip Mustache Pillow: Who can resist pillows? They soften our world and add decorative accents to lots of different rooms. This pillow will be the perfect quirky accent to her bed, and will be a hit at sleepovers. Crochet a gift she'll love with Pillow Fun.
11. A Long Beaded Necklace: Who This long beaded necklace has so many outfit possibilities - she will love to wear it, and you will love to make it! Use your crochet techniques with beads and nylon cord to make her a gift she will love. Get started today with Beaded Beauties to Crochet.