Add designer touches and show off your joyful personality with Diamond Art by Leisure Arts™ and Diamond Dotz® Freestyle. Diamond dotting is not only fun and calming, it results in beautiful sparkly art. Today's tutorial takes you step-by-step through this pumpkin project, and before you know it, you'll have a great addition to your fall décor.
I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, then be crowned on a velvet cushion.
– Henry David Thoreau, Author
Give 'Em Pumpkin To Talk About
Anyone can hang fall decorations on the wall for a great look, but creating your own works of art adds that personal touch, and a bit of pride, to your home décor. It would also be a perfect gift for a fall-loving loved one! Read on for everything you'll need to create this charming and quaint Pumpkin on Metal.
Supplies And Tools:
- Diamond Dotz® Gems - Colors: 8001 , 8335, 8431
- Diamond Dotz® Accessory Pack - 1-Comfort Grip Stylus, Pick-Up Wax, Sorting Tray
- Dotz® Stick Adhesive - Liquid Diamond Dotting Adhesive
- 3-Piece Dotz® Deluxe Brush Set
- 12” x 12” 28 Gauge Tin Sheet
- Burlap Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
- Graphite Transfer Paper
- Black Pen
Many of these supplies can be found on leisurearts.com in the freestyle section.
Get Started On Your Work Of Art
- Download and print the pumpkin and welcome design sheets (see above) on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper. Place them on your metal and sandwich the transfer paper between the two. Using a black pen, trace over the design. The transferred lines will be light and thin.
- Carefully brush the adhesive within the the black lines on the areas you want to apply gems to; you should see a milky white layer of adhesive on the surface. You can apply the adhesive to one section at a time or to the entire design.
- Allow the adhesive to dry until it is clear. When adhesive clears completely it is ready for long term adhesion. On non-porous surfaces such metal, this may take up to 9-15 hours. Cover the design and adhesive with a piece of protective film if you will not be applying gems right away.
- Remove the clear covering on the adhesive.
- Start dotting! Apply the gems to the adhesive as desired.
- When you are not working on your project, place a sheet of protective film over the adhesive to protect it from dust.
- When you have completed your project, place the protective film over the gems and firmly roll over the whole design with a brayer or rolling pin. This ensures that the gems are firmly adhered.
- Attach the burlap ribbon to the back of the tin sheet with a hot glue gun.
Craft Hacks & Tips
- The liquid adhesive allows you to add gems art to any surface.
- A bottle of liquid adhesive is enough to complete 4 full-coverage 9” x 12” artist canvases.
Estimated Crafting Time
3-5 hours plus drying time
Gourd-geous Results In An Afternoon
Once you start creating, please share your progress to our Diamond Art Facebook Page! Or share your photos by tagging @leisureartsinc or using #leisurearts on your social channels. We love to see what's going on in your studio.
Want more DIY Diamond Art projects? Check out our other projects at DIYDiamondArtTutorials and take a look at this video for more inspiration!
-Leisure Arts Team