Thank you for your interest in Leisure Arts! We are always looking for new, engaging content for our readers. We are a publisher of lifestyle and instructional craft books in categories including coloring, general crafts, knitting, crochet, cross stitch, plastic canvas, quilting, and sewing. Please note, we will not accept submissions for fiction or poetry.
Proposals should be submitted digitally, with text files in Microsoft Word and photos and patterns in standard formats such as JPEG, TIF, AI, or PDF. Please do not submit original art or hard copies of your work. Unsolicited art or hard copies may not be considered or returned to you. Your proposal should include the following information, please do not exceed 10 pages.
- Title and subtitle suggestions.
- A brief overview of your book, how and why you developed the concept, and who your target audience is (including any data you might have about potential sales to that demographic).
- A detailed table of contents outlining the book. Please include a brief description of the material covered.
- A writing sample representative of your book as a whole. If your book is a project book, please include one project in its entirety.
- Sample photos and/or patterns representative of the projects/techniques to be included in the book. Include a description of your step-by-step photography abilities for review.
- Give examples of 3-5 competitive titles on the market. Please briefly explain how your book differs from these titles.
- A brief author biography focusing on your qualifications to write the book, your ability to self-promote the work (social media presence, etc.), and any other information that may be helpful in marketing you as an author and your book.
Proposals following the guidelines listed above may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Happens Next?
Due to the volume of submissions received, an editor will only contact you if there is interest in your proposal. Acknowledgment of receipt for your submissions will be sent automatically. A letter of decline will not be issued. If your idea is of interest, an editor will contact you with details regarding a contract and scheduling your book for publication. Please keep in mind that submitting a proposal and talking to an editor about your ideas does not constitute a promise of publication.